Legal & Compliance
Full Time Employee
Our mission is to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We’re driven to pursue this mission because we believe we can make financial freedom accessible to all.
Founded in 2017, the TrustToken team is based in San Francisco and Ireland, made up of talented people from Google, Twilio, Coinbase, and Facebook - and an office puppy from Texas. We’ve raised over $30M from top investors at a16z crypto, BlockTower Capital, Founders Fund Angel, Danhua Capital, GGV Capital, Jump Capital, Signia VC, Stanford StartX, and others.
We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD. Our TrueCurrencies are the world’s first independently-verified, fully collateralized stablecoins, now trading on top exchanges around the world and generating billions in monthly trade volume. TUSD users enjoy lighting-fast transactions, the lowest transaction costs of any stablecoin, and obsessive customer service.
With our compliance and identity platform, we empower the financial services industry to serve global audiences from day one by using the same enterprise-grade identity platform that makes TrueCurrencies possible. We combine user-centric technology and expert analysts to offer a full, on-demand compliance department that scales with your business, letting you focus on your product and customers - not endless vendors, complex integrations, and rising compliance headcount.
Soon, we’ll be connecting trusted individuals with more financial opportunities than have ever been accessible to them before. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just getting started. Join us.
As BSA Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the administration and implementation of the Compliance program. You will be responsible for conducting quality control reviews, review transaction monitoring and onboarding customers, you'll play both a hands-on and strategic role in overseeing and providing guidance for the overall compliance program. You'll report to our Head of Compliance and will supervise a small but growing team of investigators as you work towards creating scalable and streamlined processes to support our fast-paced work environment.
What you'll do
- Maintaining current knowledge on all BSA, AML and OFAC related regulations
- Oversee daily transaction monitoring and customer onboarding for both individual and entity customers
- Manage ongoing escalations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to amend and/or update the compliance program
- Oversee and coordinate the monitoring of account activity for suspicious patterns and conduct suspicious activity report (SAR) investigations, decide when to file suspicious activity reports, and file SARs when applicable.
- Execute industry best practices for monitoring service providers including due diligence and oversight
- Prepares the annual BSA Risk Assessment.
- Maintain up-to-date internal documentation and make recommendations for enhancements of our internal processes and tools
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems, procedures, and controls for risk and compliance based on regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Conduct self-assessments and assist in the preparation and coordination of independent audits and regulatory examinations.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree with strong academic performance5 years general banking or regulatory agency experience, with an emphasis in BSA compliance and Operations.
- Previous experience managing High Risk
- Previous experience managing High-Risk BSA/AML programs, and experience with MSB’s. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Interest in FinTech and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- You're entrepreneurial at heart and do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do, and without being confined to normal business hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsStrong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to developing an overall and compliance culture to make TrustToken a great place to work
- CAMS Certified
- Regulatory Audit Experience
- Experience in writing Policies and Procedures
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken