Head of Sales, Crypto
New York / California /
Business Development & Sales /
Full Time Employee
TrustToken envisions a world where financial freedom is as accessible as the internet. To realize this vision, we are reinventing financial infrastructure to be more effective and equitable.
Our core project is TrueFi, the blockchain protocol for global lending. TrueFi lets portfolio managers launch diverse lending opportunities on-chain to a global base of lenders and borrowers. Since November 2020, TrueFi has facilitated ~$1.5B of loan originations and more than $1B of repayments, with no defaults to date.
Our mission is to grow TrueFi into the definitive protocol for the nearly $10 trillion global lending market.
Our team is global with employees in the US, Poland, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people that bring passion and expertise from pioneering web3/crypto projects, consumer and enterprise technology companies, and institutional finance leaders. We're backed by luminaries from a16z crypto, Blocktower, Founders Fund, Alameda Research, Stanford StartX, and other top global investors from North America, Europe, and Asia.
About The Role
TrustToken is seeking to hire for the position of Head of Sales, Crypto
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for originating, onboarding and maintaining relationships with Asset Managers and potential Borrowers that may be suitable candidates to participate on the TrueFi blockchain lending protocol.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in institutional sales in a corporate setting, an existing robust professional network in the financial services industry, and the ability to aggressively build relationships from scratch.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, has commercial and deep financial knowledge with an emphasis on credit.
TrueFi currently manages approximately $1 billion in liquidity and has originated over $1 billion in loans in the last twelve months. While the existing borrower base primarily consists of crypto-focused hedge funds, TrueFi is now onboarding traditional finance asset managers as well as borrowers to broadly diversify its marketplace participants. As TrueFi plans to aggressively expand over the next twelve months, we are seeking an exceptional sales candidate to lead origination forward.
What experience do you need?
- 2 years in Crypto and 7 or more years in a leading sales origination role with a major institution
- Large network of institutional clients such as proprietary trading firms, hedge funds financial services companies generally with a record of long-term relationshipsAbility to understand customer desires and behavior in in cryptocurrency
- Strong verbal and written communications skills around technology
- Exceptional analytical, management and organization skills
- Experience using a CRM system like Salesforce
- Willingness to travel as necessary when in a safe environment
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in unstructured workspace
What you will do?
- Develop and grow relationships with prospective institutional clients
- Implement strategies to deliver on key revenue targets for the business
- Serve as a product expert for all products on the TrueFi protocol
- Understand the challenges institutional clients may have in investing in this asset class
- Assess the activities of our competitors to proactively satisfy and retain clients
- Deliver white glove experience to every client
- Collaborate across marketing, product, customer success, compliance, and technology teams to continuously improve the customer experience
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken