Senior Manager , Credit & Underwriting
New York / California /
Finance, Operations & Administration /
Full Time Employee
TrustToken is freeing money.
As traditional finance is being challenged by cryptocurrencies, our team is assembling the fundamental building blocks to deliver the unprecedented opportunity and greater accessibility of decentralized finance to anyone with an internet connection.
We're known for two products: TrueFi, the first project to bring collateral-free lending to the blockchain; and TrueCurrencies, the world's most trusted asset-backed stablecoins, in five denominations.
TrueFi, launched by TrustToken in November 2020, is the world’s leading uncollateralized lending protocol, offering lenders transparent and competitive earning opportunities and borrowers the ease of fast loans that maximize their capital efficiency. Borrowers build credit scores by using the platform, paving the way for TrueFi’s other innovation: on-chain credit ratings.
Our TrueCurrencies (TUSD, TGBP, TAUD, TCAD, THKD) are the world’s most trusted stablecoins. Each is fully collateralized and attested live on-chain, leading the way in transparency in our industry. Collectively, these stablecoins now move billions of dollars around the world each month, including across +100 trading partners like Binance, Huobi, and OKEx. TUSD users enjoy lighting-fast transactions, easy minting and redemptions, and obsessive customer service.
Our team is global with employees based in San Francisco, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. We're backed by luminaries at a16z crypto, Blocktower, Founders Fund, Alameda Research, Stanford StartX, and other top global investors from North America, Europe, and Asia.
Our team is on a mission to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We believe that new technology will allow us to make financial freedom as accessible as the internet, and each day, we're working on the fundamental elements to make this world possible. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just at the beginning.
As Director of Credit & Underwriting, you will report to the Head of Asset Management and will be a key member of the team evaluating new credit opportunities and managing the credit and risk of our TrueFi portfolios.
TrueFi is the first unsecured institutional lending DeFi protocol recently surpassing over $1 billion in loan originations.
What you will do:
- Lead credit onboarding, underwriting and portfolio management of institutional loans with a focus on the financial services industry.Conduct credit diligence, financial statement review, financial modeling and industry research to credit score borrowers and make investment recommendations.
- Lead analysis on new transactions including, but not limited to, due diligence meetings, cash flow, liquidity, collateral, debt capacity and enterprise valuation analyses.
- Prepare written credit proposals combining analysis with industry information to support credit decision regarding risk of default, credit rating and use of the proposed financing.
- Develop and innovate internal proprietary credit scoring model for portfolio borrowers. Perform ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies on periodic basis to ensure compliance.
- Interface with stakeholders on as needed basis to present credit model and underwriting approach.
- Lead ongoing development of credit products with engineering team to create efficiencies and automation where possible.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interest in digital assets and crypto markets; retail trading and derivatives experience preferred but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting or similar training.
- MBA or equivalent degree or CFA designation preferred but not required.
- 5-10 years in corporate credit analysis or related experience as a generalist.
- Experience leading a small team of at least 1-4 junior analysts.
- Experience in analyzing corporate financial statements and complex debt structures.
- Understanding of deal documentation with the ability to incorporate covenants and structure as an integral component of the underwriting process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to present effectively to leadership.
- Exceptional capability in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other industry analytical tools.
- Solid decision-making skills regarding credit responsibilities, requiring limited guidance and oversight.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken