FT or Contractor
TrustToken is freeing money to create more value for all.
As traditional finance is being challenged by cryptocurrencies, our team is assembling the fundamental building blocks to deliver the unprecedented opportunity and greater accessibility of decentralized finance to anyone with an internet connection.
We're known for two products: TrueFi, the first project to bring collateral-free lending to the blockchain; and TrueCurrencies, the world's most trusted asset-backed stablecoins, in five denominations.
TrustToken’s TrueFi platform brings uncollateralized lending on-chain, offering lenders high earning rates with full transparency of how their funds are allocated, and borrowers the ease of fast, fixed-rate, fixed-term loans without collateral requirements. Borrowers build credit scores by using the platform, paving the way for credit lines in TrueFi 2.0
Our TrueCurrencies (TUSD, TGBP, TAUD, TCAD, THKD) are the world’s most trusted stablecoins. Each is fully collateralized and attested live on-chain, leading the way in transparency in our industry. Collectively, these stablecoins now move billions of dollars around the world each month, including across +100 trading partners like Binance, Huobi, and OKEx. TUSD users enjoy lighting-fast transactions, easy minting and redemptions, and obsessive customer service.
Our team is global with employees based in San Francisco, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. We're backed by luminaries at a16z crypto, Founders Fund Angel, Stanford StartX, and other top VC from North America, Europe, and Asia. Our team is on a mission to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We believe that new technology will allow us to make financial freedom as accessible as the internet, and each day, we're working on the fundamental elements to make this world possible. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just at the beginning.
About the role
This is an opportunity to build technology that will shape the future of finance. You’ll be working on code that plays a crucial role in the open-access financial infrastructure that we’re building. And on a small, fast-moving team, your impact on the product will be huge.
On our team, you'll be working on the front-end for several products including TrueUSD (one of the largest stablecoins in the world), TrustToken Assurance, and other products we haven't publicly announced yet.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, release and maintain our web frontend. Build out product features and brainstorm ways to continually improve our TrueCurrencies web application and new initiatives
- Make key architectural and technology decisions, to foster a codebase that encourages both rapid development velocity and high code quality
- Write high quality code that is efficient, maintainable and well-tested, such that our application is robust and scalable..
- Build our frontend infrastructure (build systems, developer tooling, unit/integration tests) to provide a great web development process
- Help define our frontend coding standards and promote best practices across the engineering team
- Collaborate with our backend engineers to develop appropriate GraphQL and REST APIs for the frontend, while thinking about performance and efficiency
- Work closely with Product and Design to iterate the app in response to customer feedback and business requirements
What we’re looking for from you
- Professional experience with frontend web development
- Preferred experience with React and modern web technologies
- You're comfortable working in a fast-changing start-up environment
- You love to learn, get your hands dirty, and find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Bonus points for interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or consumer finance
- Live the TrustToken values: seek truth, embody renaissance ambition, make good things easy, and get shit done
About our tech stack
- Completely microservices-based architecture
- Internal microservices built with Python 3, gRPC, Celery
- GraphQL API servers built with NodeJS + Koa + Typescript
- Postgres databases
- Redis for caching and message queues
- AWS-based infrastructure using ECS, Docker, Terraform
- Continuous integration and deployment strategy
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken