Director, Institutional Capital , Crypto
New York / California /
Corporate Development /
Full Time Employee
TrustToken envisions a world where financial freedom is as accessible as the internet. To realize this vision, we are reinventing financial infrastructure to be more effective and equitable.
Our core project is TrueFi, the blockchain protocol for global lending. TrueFi lets portfolio managers launch diverse lending opportunities on-chain to a global base of lenders and borrowers. Since November 2020, TrueFi has facilitated ~$1.5B of loan originations and more than $1B of repayments, with no defaults to date.
Our mission is to grow TrueFi into the definitive protocol for the nearly $10 trillion global lending market.
Our team is global with employees in the US, Poland, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people that bring passion and expertise from pioneering web3/crypto projects, consumer and enterprise technology companies, and institutional finance leaders. We're backed by luminaries from a16z crypto, Blocktower, Founders Fund, Alameda Research, Stanford StartX, and other top global investors from North America, Europe, and Asia.
TrustToken is seeking to hire a Director of Investor Relations & Capital Raising. In this high impact role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals and institutional investors to originate new investors and lead the fundraising process for portfolios managed on the TrueFi blockchain lending protocol.
TrueFi currently manages approximately $1 billion in liquidity and has originated over $1 billion in loans in the last twelve months.
While the existing borrower base primarily consists of crypto-focused hedge funds, TrueFi is now onboarding traditional finance borrowers to broadly diversify across both non-crypto and crypto borrower prospects.
As the current loan portfolio aggressively expands over the next twelve months, lender/investor fundraising will be critical to support hyper-growth in new loan originations.
- Develop and lead the go-to-market strategy to build a family office and institutional investor pipeline.
- Manage the day-to-day organization, execution, and funding of participating investors.
- Educate clients and prospects on alternative credit investments and crypto generally.
- Develop a sales projection with defined targets to raise institutional capital on TrueFi.
- Collaborate with business development, sales, product, and engineering teams to communicate and manage client needs, preferences and investment criteria.
- Identify and articulate product enhancements to improve investor experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a fundraising role with a HF, PE, VC or similar fund.
- Extensive network of family office and institutional investor relationships with a proven track record of successfully having raised capital for new and existing funds.
- Deep familiarity with alternative fund products and investment preferences of family office and institutional investor base.
- Experience leading a structured fundraising process including planning, organization and execution.
- Ability to succeed in a remote environment and willingness to safely travel if necessary.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken