Lead Product Manager
Product & Design
Full Time Employee
TrustToken is creating a more efficient and inclusive global financial system by digitizing assets that can be seamlessly and securely exchanged across markets worldwide. TrustToken’s first product, TrueUSD, has become the most traded stablecoin fully backed by US dollars. TrustToken has since launched four additional fiat-backed stablecoins, TrueGBP, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, and TrueHKD. TrustToken products trade on some of the world’s top exchanges - Binance, Huobi, OKEx, and many others - and can be purchased or redeemed directly in the TrustToken App.
Founded in 2017, our team is based in San Francisco and is made up of people coming from Airbnb, AMEX, Apple, Facebook and Google. We’re backed by a16z crypto, BlockTower Capital, Danhua Capital, Founders Fund Angel, GGV Capital, Jump Capital, Stanford-StartX, and others.
We are just getting started and are growing fast. Want to join us?
Our mission is to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD.
You will be leading product as the first PM, owning full-cycle product management of several products. You will drive development of the fiat-to-crypto on-ramp API and TrueCurrencies web application. The web app has facilitated nearly $1 billion of transactions since launch last year as the stablecoin industry has surpassed daily and monthly volumes of Venmo and other fintech apps.
In this role you’ll have an opportunity to directly interact with some of the world’s top crypto exchanges and apps, hedge funds, financial institutions, and traders from around the world - clients and users that have come to rely on our products.
Our fiat on-ramp is a bridge between traditional and new financial rails. By creating an easier fiat on-ramp, we help users around the world access new financial opportunities in the new financial ecosystem.
What Makes You A Great Fit
- When you download a new app, you wonder why it’s built the way it is
- You raise the bar for everyone for product quality and output cadence
- You want the product to be inspiring, and will motivate yourself, your team, and everyone to meet your vision
- You are scrappy and see constraints as a fun challenge to raise your creativity
- You are persistent and when you run into obstacles or hear a “no,” you learn, adapt, and act accordingly
- You are data-driven and know how to draw insights from data and numbers
- You are comfortable and can communicate with numbers, and you know when to listen to your product sense and intuition
- You are emotionally aware and consciously choose how, when, and where to deliver your messages
- Lead coordination of our identity and fiat on-ramp API
- Lead development of the TrueCurrency API and web application
- Create product specs for our engineering team
- Define product roadmap and coordinate sprints with the engineering team
- Collaborate with designers on wireframes and UX
- Collaborate with customer success and TrueCurrency operations teams to prioritize features for the API and web app
- Analyze data to inform product and marketing for TrueCurrency users: neobank apps, exchanges, institutional traders, individual traders, OTC desks, and banks
- Build relationships across multiple departments, and align the perspectives of our engineering, business, compliance, and operational teams.
- Constantly be learning about our client’s needs and business priorities
- Prioritize among the needs of our clients and communicate them to internal stakeholders
- Inform high-level company strategy based on product direction, feedback, and metrics
- 3-7 years experience in a product role (or product lead experience like co-founding a startup)
- Technical background (CS degree or previous software engineering experience)
- Experience coordinating multiple high performing teams
- Ability to decide and align teams around product direction and features
- Strong customer empathy
- Fluency in writing specs, creating product roadmaps, planning engineering sprints
- Creative, collaborative self-starter that needs little oversight
Bonus Points For
- Knowledge and curiosity about digital currencies
- Experience in engineering, design (UI/UX), cryptocurrencies, finance, fintech, compliance
- Familiarity with Asana
- Previous experience co-founding a startup
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken