Senior Backend Engineer
Germany / Spain / Romania (remote) /
Engineering Platformers /
Permanent - Full Time
Imagine a workplace that allows you to own your own product and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine an environment where your performance makes a difference, not just within the company itself but for billions of travelers worldwide! That place is TrustYou.
We are looking for travel-lovers, innovators, and genuinely amazing people who can help us in our mission to make guests happy.
As a Senior Engineer / Backend at TrustYou, you will be part of an engineering team and you will work directly with the Product Manager and other stakeholders to deliver new features, in the form of APIs and services. You will have the chance to work with technologies such as FastApi, Docker or Kubernetes, to create new features, paying special attention to quality.
Ready to learn more?
In your role, you are empowered to…
- Ship data-intensive APIs used by TrustYou partners
- Participate in architectural decisions and technology management
- Take responsibility for planning and designing software
- Apply cutting-edge Python 3 asynchronous frameworks
- Design data storage and optimize applications
- Fix and improve legacy Python 2 codebase to new technologies
- Support and mentor junior team member
You are a perfect fit, if you…
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of total experience, with at least 4 years focused on backend development with Python web frameworks
- Have a solid understanding of Python 3, and relational database systems, preferably PostgreSQL
- Have an extensive experience with asynchronous Python and Unit testing frameworks
- Develop scalable data-intensive Web APIs
- Possess expertise with industry-level API designs and practices, e.g. REST, RPC,
- Are an expert of one or more Python web frameworks
- Are experienced with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have excellent teamwork skills, with clear communication, flexibility, openness to debate and challenge, and the ability to mentor other team members
- Have worked in an agile environment and able to deliver great products with an iterative approach
- Are fluent in English - both written and oral
You are ideally…
- A Senior developer, owning a complex backend system or building one from scratch
- Experienced making architectural choices with detailed trade-off analysis
- Focused on automation for testing and deployment
- Aligned with business goals, with definition and measurement of relevant KPIs
- Experienced with FastAPI and async ORMs and Web Frameworks
And most importantly, what's in it for you...
- Working in a global, highly-motivated and collaborative team
- Flexible working hours allowing you the freedom to shape your work-life-balance
- Remote-friendly environment and budget for home office equipment
- On-going career development, training and coaching
- 12 days/year for learning & development
- Experience your favorite travel adventure by using a bonus vacation day
- Celebrate in style at our team events (in-person and virtually)
- Social benefits and perks based on location
- Relocation package (if applicable)
The TrustYou Guest Experience Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback, as well as provide real-time communication, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel. Within one tool, hotels get an overview of all reviews from platforms like Booking.com and Google and are able to improve the hotel experience for their guests. Our semantically analyzed data is also used by big tech companies like Google, Bing, and Hotels.com to serve curated feedback data to billions of worldwide travelers.
TrustYou is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of gender, background, religion, orientation, age, or ability.
Working at TrustYou means you’re working in a fast-paced and international environment, where innovation is at the forefront, the people are passionate, and collaboration and working together towards achieving common goals is commonplace.
At TrustYou our values shape our working environment, our team, our business relationships to enable companies with the power to listen. We strive for customer excellence and live and breathe an open feedback culture. Our team is our most important asset and our teamwork and collaboration bring best results. We test, we learn, we improve. Every team member has a unique voice that is heard and contributes to TrustYou's success.
For more information about Life at TrustYou, check out our LinkedIn Life Section.
If you are excited about this opportunity, join us! We look forward to your application and getting to know you.