Team Lead - Engineering
Germany / Spain / Romania (remote) /
Permanent - Full Time
Imagine a workplace that allows you to own your own product and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine an environment where your performance makes a difference, not just within the company itself but for billions of travelers worldwide! That place is TrustYou.
We are looking for travel-lovers, innovators, and genuinely amazing people who can help us in our mission to make guests happy.
As a Team Lead at TrustYou, you will be part of our International Engineering team. You will be responsible for the overall performance and delivery of the team, career and people development, and visibility and communication with stakeholders.
You will be working closely with a Director of Engineering on developing, managing and empowering up to 5 engineers for creating a productive, fast-paced and high-quality delivery engineering culture.
Ready to learn more?
In your role, you are empowered to…
- Own the team’s delivery commitments in alignment with business priorities, timelines and engineering best practices, along with risk management
- Ensure the visibility of the team’s activities and smooth communication with all the different stakeholders
- Collaborate with a product manager and manage a team to ensure quality of product’s input, build consensus for scope selection and delivery schedules
- Agree with Teammates on their goals and ensure successful delivery of their tasks
- Take ownership of keeping the features and products available, stable and reliable in production
- Improve the performance of the team by providing guidance and feedback
- Provide technical knowledge and foster growth of your teammates through supporting knowledge sharing activities and cross-skilling programs
- Ensure a positive team experience and understand each individual’s concerns and needs
- Engage with other team leads to ensure an efficient cross-team collaboration and goals achievement
- Develop and gather improvement proposals in terms of ways of working, technology, and tools
You are a perfect fit, if you…
- Have hands-on experience with people management and leading an engineering team.
- Have an extensive professional experience in software development working with complex systems
- Have a solid understanding of big data technologies, distributed systems and data analytics
- Are aligned with Agile and Lean software development principles
- Implement engineering best practices and prioritize quality over quantity
- You are ideally… (not mandatory)
- Experienced in leading and/or building Data Analytics products
- Experienced in working with BI tools
- Experienced with technologies like Python, Scala, Java or Clickhouse
And most importantly, what's in it for you...
- Working in a global, highly-motivated and collaborative team
- Flexible working hours allowing you the freedom to shape your work-life-balance
- Remote-friendly environment and budget for home office equipment
- On-going career development, training and coaching
- 12 days/year for learning & development
- Experience your favorite travel adventure by using a bonus vacation day
- Celebrate in style at our team events (in-person and virtually)
- Social benefits and perks based on location
- Relocation package (if applicable)
The TrustYou Guest Experience Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback, as well as provide real-time communication, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel. Within one tool, hotels get an overview of all reviews from platforms like Booking.com and Google and are able to improve the hotel experience for their guests. Our semantically analyzed data is also used by big tech companies like Google, Bing, and Hotels.com to serve curated feedback data to billions of worldwide travelers.
TrustYou is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of gender, background, religion, orientation, age, or ability.
Working at TrustYou means you’re working in a fast-paced and international environment, where innovation is at the forefront, the people are passionate, and collaboration and working together towards achieving common goals is commonplace.
At TrustYou our values shape our working environment, our team, our business relationships to enable companies with the power to listen. We strive for customer excellence and live and breathe an open feedback culture. Our team is our most important asset and our teamwork and collaboration bring best results. We test, we learn, we improve. Every team member has a unique voice that is heard and contributes to TrustYou's success.
For more information about Life at TrustYou, check out our LinkedIn Life Section.
If you are excited about this opportunity, join us! We look forward to your application and getting to know you.