Software Engineer - Integrations, Crawler
Remote, B.C, Alta, Ont /
The problem we're solving:
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
The values you possess:
Our values are the specific behaviors and skills that we care most about. The more these values sound like you and the people you want to work with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Truv.
· Bias for action - move fast and get things done.
· Customer obsession – we start with making the customer happy and work backward.
· Good judgment – make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
· Focus on impact – solve important problems first.
· Transparent and direct – informed people make better decisions.
· Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.
· Continuous improvement – all improvements matter because they compound exponentially.
What you’ll do
- Reverse engineer and build integrations with external APIs and services
- Use best programming practices to optimize code performance
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests
What would set you up for success
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong background in network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience with Django, PostgreSQL
- Experience with website scraping using Selenium, Puppeteer, lxml
- Experience with reverse engineering of mobile applications
- Experience with reverse engineering of non public APIs
Benefits we offer
- Fully-remote company.
- Equity options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- 100% of medical, dental & vision benefits covered.