Senior QA Engineer
EU, Serbia /
The problem we're solving:
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
The values you possess:
Our values are the specific behaviors and skills that we care most about. The more these values sound like you and the people you want to work with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Truv.
· Bias for action - move fast and get things done.
· Customer obsession – we start with making the customer happy and work backward.
· Good judgment – make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
· Focus on impact – solve important problems first.
· Transparent and direct – informed people make better decisions.
· Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.
· Continuous improvement – all improvements matter because they compound exponentially.
About the QA Engineer position
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer who will manage exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will design and implement tests, debug and define corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). Besides, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
We expect you to be able to build consistent and efficient tests delivering them in-time. You should also hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
What you’ll do
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Plan and coordinate testing activities, thoroughly identifying and documenting bugs
- Build and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Organize testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Review debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Analyze the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies
What would set you up for success
- 8+ years' experience of working on a QA Engineer position
- Significant experience of working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge Python/ Pytest/ Selenium
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a bonus
Benefits we offer
- Fully-remote company.
- Weekly team dinners hosted in SF, Miami, London and Toronto.
- Equity options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- 100% of medical, dental & vision benefits covered.