We are TruVenturo, one of the most successful company builders in Europe. Our focus is on the founding of business models with a focus on digitalization and life sciences. Our current portfolio includes over 20 companies, including industry leaders such as Finanzcheck, Dreamlines and HomeToGo. We cooperate closely with top international VC companies.
About 4 years ago we started our activities in the life science sector with investments in longevity as well as in neurotech / BCI (brain computer interface). Our portfolio company CereGate, we have co-founded, is a clinical research and medical software company focusing on the field of neuromodulation. Founded in 2019 together with our partners we are driven to develop new ways of interfacing with the human brain through the latest technology, thus we are developing a novel input communication interface to input abstract information into the human brain. Our mission is to provide patients with neurological disorders or sensory deficits with new opportunities to adapt and improve their condition under their own power. Increasing patient independence while improving quality of life are our guiding principles.
In order to support our portfolio company CereGate - a Healthtech start-up in the Munich area - we are looking for a Software Development Intern (m/w/d) for hardware-related software development in the area of Brain Computer Interface at the earliest possible date.
What you can expect at CereGate
- To debug and / or configure a low level interface to the access point connected to motion sensors via an existing SDK written in C++
- Develop custom programs using SDK functions, as needed.
- Generate Matlab wrapper functions and MEX files to call C++ SDK functions and libraries from Matlab environment.
- Generate Matlab programs to establish communication, configure sensors, and stream data from the hardware.
- Work closely with the development team to deliver the assigned software tasks
- Demonstrate and document the achieved results to the development team and manager
What you bring with you
- Knowledge of loading, using, and unloading dynamic libraries (DLL’s, SO’s, DYLIB’s)
- Proficiency in Matlab and C++ programming languages and development environments
- Sound understanding of error handling strategies, in particular, return error codes and/or exceptions
- in languages that support exceptions
- General understanding of memory management (allocation, deallocation)
- General understanding of API usage (initialization, usage, teardown)
- Ability to handle / processing online or realtime streamed data in HDF5 data format
- Overall Knowledge of the USB device firmware and driver libraries as well as Python or Java knowledge would be a plus
- High professionalism and conscientiousness as well as independent working style
- Fluency in German - and English spoken and written
What CereGate can offer you
- Innovative research in a future oriented and highly promising field, at the cutting edge of applied BCI / neuromodulation research
- Financial compensation
- Deep insights into innovative research methods
- Shaping the future of neurotechnology with a young and highly motivated team which burns for the topic
- Exciting clinical work with real impact and improving patients lifes
Location: Munich, Germany (mostly to completely in the home office)
Scope: Fulltime Internship
Could we arouse your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application directly via the application form. Your contact person Viola Kopsch will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We do not need a cover letter, just fill out the motivation questions.