As a backend engineer at Try.com, you work on the systems that power the heart of Try.com. You build the services that enable our customers to Try for free. Your systems are used by our customers as well as internal users. With a strong focus on automating all relevant business processes, we are looking for outstanding software engineers that can understand complex processes and data structures, and who enjoy seeing the impact they deliver through close interactions with our users and clearly defined KPIs. If you enjoy building state-of-the-art cloud applications using a microservices architecture and working in a small and dedicated agile team, you should join us and help us build the future of Try.com.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the whole development cycle- from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- Operate and improve important software solutions with a DevOps mindset that directly impact the business.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and technology.
- Write realtime data processing pipelines to enable core mechanics of the business.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation.
What We Look For
- 3yrs+ functional language experience (e.g. Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure, …)
- Experience in relevant frameworks(Akka, Akka-HTTP, Akka-Streams)
- Experience in system architecture and API design
- Experience building microservice-based systems, preferably in the cloud
Nice To Have
- Experience developing complex internal systems (e.g. ERP, Supply Chain Management) or Web Applications for complex business domains.
- Familiarity with GraphQL(e.g. Sangria, or any other framework)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
At Try.com, we believe that in the future customers will not pay upfront before purchasing products online. Just like in a physical store, customers are not required to pay for items before they can try them on - so why should you have to online.
We believe we can offer great tools for our customers to enable a simple and transparent checkout experience, where people can try products before they pay.
We are based in San Francisco and building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.