Who are we?
At Try.com we believe that online shopping, especially for clothing, should be just as fun and stress-free as shopping in-store. We're reinventing the online shopping experience to enable people that love shopping online to Try before they buy from the world's most popular stores.
We do this by delivering new and better forms of credit that reduce financial liability for young consumers and offer innovative ways to improve the online shopping experience. We believe that customers should have the freedom and power to shop online with the same benefits of shopping offline; Try before you buy, fast and free shipping & returns, amazing customers service from real people and personalised discovery to help you find product you'll love.
We're a design-led and data-driven company that prizes creativity. We help consumers buy fashion, so good taste is in our DNA. But, we also love to try and validate, which means we're stronger when we have great design and data minds at the table. At Try.com, everything starts with design. We also work with, and learn from, each other. We move pixels and make prototypes, but first and foremost we try. You'll be our first full-time design hire.
Your mission is to level up the usability, trust, and joy users experience on Try.com.
We’re building something that never existed before. We face a lot of product challenges: designing a seamless purchase experience that balances friction and risk; crafting interactions that work for first time users and for power users alike.
Who are you?
* 4+ years experience with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
* 4+ years experience in illustration, animation and motion design / After Effects
* Familiarity with frontend technology. You do not need to be able to write code but have an understanding of limitations and how your designs could be implemented
* Full understanding of best design practices for production delivery
* Ability to take wireframes through to visual design
* Knowledge of interaction architecture practices in UX
* Ability to prototype
You'll be joining an incredible team of marketers, engineers and entrepreneurs. We pride ourselves on our commitment to each other, our customers and our core values:
2. Do what you're not told
3. Create delightful experiences
4. Science motherf*&k3#s (decide with data)
We provide medical, dental & vision benefits to all employees as well as daily lunch in a great working environment office on Union Sq, San Francisco.