Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning/Risk
Try.com is a data-driven financial technology company. Machine learning will be core to our decision making processes, from validating identities to detecting fraud. We seek to revolutionize the payments system by building a better checkout process that lets people try before they buy.
We are looking for a software engineer to lead our platform efforts in risk and machine learning. You will be a technical leader within the engineering team, developing an integrated system to support offline research, feature engineering and model development, as well as robust and reliable execution of online decision systems.
What you will do
- Designing and developing machine learning systems that support our identity verification and fraud detection
- Testing and validation systems for data pipelines, business logic, and decision models
- Research and develop tools to efficiently and safely develop, test, and deploy experimental and production signals, models, and policies
- Effectively planning, coordinating, and communicating within the team, and cross-functionally
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change payment systems for the better
- 7+ years industry experience
- Strong proficiency and industry experience building and leading the development of production-quality machine learning systems
- Solid engineering and software development skills - ability to write, test, deploy, and maintain high-quality production code
- Deep understanding of models, feature engineering, feature selection, and other applied ML issues
- Experience in Python, or other dynamically typed language, is a plus
- Engineering management experience is a plus
- Finance and credit experience is a plus
At Try.com we believe we can offer great tools for our customers to enable a simple and transparent Checkout experience, where people can try for products before they pay. We are based in San Francisco and building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.