San Francisco, CA /
At Courier we are on a mission to make computer-to-human software communication delightful. Our first step in achieving this is to do for notification infrastructure what Stripe has done for payments infrastructure. We’ve created the complete communication stack for developer teams.
Our API takes the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our Studio lets anyone design a message template and deliver the right message to the right user at the right time with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it.
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We've closed a significant amount of customer deals with a 'sales by committee' approach, and have validated that we have strong product-market-fit with engineering teams at startups of all sizes. We are now looking for our first Account Executive to scale and formalize these efforts.
As our first account executive, you will be tasked with meeting with hundreds of customers, recognizing and sharing patterns and learnings, and blazing a trail for those who will eventually follow you on the Courier sales team.
You will become a product expert who can fluently communicate our core value proposition and understands the needs customer of our technical buyer. You will conduct research on prospective customers and develop and test sales strategies that meet their needs.
You will coordinate with teams across the organization while also operating as an independent problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty. You will be expected to take ownership and execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our team. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
- Own and grow a sales pipeline
- Take great notes, share them widely, and recognize patterns
- Convert inbound and outbound leads into happy Courier users
- Design and execute a fantastic buying process for Courier customers
- Collaborate across teams to better focus customer-facing efforts
- Build compelling demonstrations and sales materials
- At least 2 years of professional experience, ideally in a client facing role with technical/analytical deliverables Entrepreneurial: proactive, the ability to figure things out on your own and make good decisions when faced with ambiguity
- Prepared and organized: be consistent in sharing learnings and notes with the rest of the team, always on time and well researched for meetings
- Analytical: have the intellectual ability to dig in to data, develop and test hypothesis, and identify patterns
- Aggressive: be unapologetic in evangelizing for the value Courier delivers
- Customer-centric: empathize with the customer and work hard to deliver a great buying experience for them
- Domain experience: have a deep understanding of our buyer and where our value fits within their tech stack
How We Work
* We hire smart, engaged people who are great at what they do
* We give people the freedom to work on the things they feel will most impact the business
* We all give honest, direct feedback on ideas and initiatives
* We all seek to help the business, not please the boss(es)
* We all do great work and have fun doing it!
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Top of market salary
* Generous equity plan
*Top of the line PPO health insurance plan (medical, dental & vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* A brand new workstation and credit card to cover any other necessary expenses
We’ve created a beautiful office space where we can create together as well as be a gathering place for our community. We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.