Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
Developers use Courier's API to intelligently route their products' notifications to the best channel for each user – like email, mobile push, Slack, and many others – while empowering the product managers, designers, and marketers on their team to build and maintain notifications in every channel without writing any code.
With funding from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, Slack, and Y Combinator, we are a rapidly growing software company driven by a strong mission and vision carried out by a small, talented and diverse team. Our mission is to help teams deliver the world's best notification experience to their users.
We’re seeking a Customer Success professional to help define Courier's customer success processes, to lead implementation with new large partners and successfully grow our most strategic partners.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with product, customer support, sales to onboard, integrate and scale the Courier service with our largest and most strategic partners. The role is focused on two main responsibilities – retaining/growing our top existing customers and successfully implementing our most strategic new customers.
- 2-10+ years of experience
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & collaboration skills
- Experience leading customer business reviews & onboarding
- Incredible attention to detail to master dates/deliverables
- Help define the template & playbook for customer success; experience iterating plans a nice to have
- Bonus points if you have data analysis, speak additional languages fluently and/or have a working knowledge of web and/or mobile development languages
* Generous Equity Plan with Early Exercise
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Courier is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.