Sr. Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our operations team as the first data professional. You'll be responsible for building and managing data pipelines + key dashboards to help with answering critical business questions, measuring impact of product features, proactively identifying trends, helping prioritize opportunities, and fostering a culture of data-driven decision making. You'll work closely with all teams at Courier: Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
The ideal candidate is deeply curious about understanding Courier's business and go-to-market, our users, and improving the product experience using data. They are an expert at working with complex data sets and have experience with data manipulation and visualization.
This role is perfect for a self-starter who is excited by the idea of applying a deep understanding and passion for data to build a data-driven thought-leadership function from the ground up.
- Help scope, purchase, and maintain the data stack
- Build pipelines and dashboards across the entire organization to enable every team to make use of data in strategic planning and execution of ongoing projects.
- Support the Product & Marketing teams by building beautiful dashboards, proactively analyzing underlying data, and effectively communicating actionable insights.
- Manage complex data models & insights that will scale with the company’s growth.
- Work with team leads to scope requirements for reporting and improve data visibility.
- Partner in creating presentations that highlight key findings.
- Help create a data-driven culture at Courier.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a data analytics role for a technology company (BI, Marketing/Product Analytics, Data Engineering, etc.).
- Advanced SQL Knowledge (R and Python are a Plus) as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly master, modern tools across the entire data stack: ETL, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence (for example: Fivetran, Snowflake, Tableau, etc.).
- An ability to distill actionable insights from complex, conflicting, or incomplete information and effectively communicate results to a wide range of audiences, from product to marketing to sales.
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious individual who wants to work in an extremely fast-paced and unstructured work environment.
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain. (As with most companies, we are working remotely during the pandemic until it is safe to return to the office.)
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.