Full Stack Growth Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the smartest way for product teams to design & deliver transactional messages and notifications. Our visual designer lets anyone design a message template – without knowing HTML or needing to code – and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, SMS, Slack, WhatsApp, Push, you name it. Think "Stripe, for communication infrastructure."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We believe in hard work and good people — and we know that if you have them both, you can do amazing things.
The Growth Engineering team develops engineering-based solutions to increase key metrics such as signup, conversions, and activations via a Product-Led Growth strategy. We focus on helping people discover, sign up, and realize value quickly through the use of technology, data, and experimentation. Growth Engineering is complimentary to our core Platform Engineering -- we are a loose intersection between Marketing and Product with a focus on engineering growth into our platform.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a passion for helping users find success and a keen eye for UX. You’ll use modern tools like React, NodeJs, TypeScript, AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.) , and the Serverless framework to build, deliver, and measure growth-focused solutions.
Your early focus will be at the forefront of our Customers' journey with Courier. You will play a leading role in the research, ideation, and implementation of features that introduce and educate new users to the Courier's platform / features. The work you ship will have demonstrable impact to helping users become successful with Courier...fast!
Who You Are
- You are relentlessly customer-focused and are eager to talk to our customers (often developers like you!) to learn how we can improve.
- You are a builder that values rapid iteration and short feedback loops
- You love working on early products, close to the end users, and having measurable impact to users' success with Courier.
- You're a firm believer that developers will increasingly rely upon 3rd-party SaaS Developer Tools like Stripe, Segment, LaunchDarkly, and Courier to ensure their own time is spent focused on their product's core value proposition. Our CEO likes to say "it's turtles all the way down."
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
If this resonates with you and you like making things that make a difference (and having fun doing it) we'd love to chat!
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.