Developer Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
Our goal is to become the default notifications infrastructure for everyone - from a developer building a product in their garage on day one to the largest tech companies with millions of users. We’re looking for an experienced Developer Marketer who can take ownership over producing high-quality content for current and potential users.
Your goal will be to build great content to educate developers about our product and use cases via technical tutorials, how-tos, videos, etc. in order to drive awareness and user growth. You will work closely with our entire GTM team, from Marketing and Sales to DevRel and Customer Success.
- Manage the entire content lifecycle for developer-focused content by working with other team members or external resources such as freelancers and content agencies.
- Identify and fill content gaps via keyword research and feedback from Customer Success and Sales.
- Work with DevRel on creating content for demo apps, new integrations, tutorials, technical documentation, and building a strategy for communicating our value to our target audience.
- Take ownership of and build Courier’s SEO ranking by creating great content and working with Growth to develop strategies to promote our content.
- Work with Product Marketing on developing clear brand and product positioning.
- Develop a deep understanding of our key personas, including developers and product managers, and use content to build awareness and drive conversion.
We're Looking for Someone With:
- 4+ years of content marketing experience focused on developers.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of SEO optimization.
- Deep understanding of developers - their pain points, how to get their attention, and how to add value for them via content.
- Demonstrated track record of owning, running, and scaling a content engine. You have a proven process for generating new content ideas, managing execution, and measuring success via engagement, domain ranking, etc.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You have worked cross-functionally and collaboratively with product, engineering, sales, and customer success.
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain. (As with most companies, we are working remotely during the pandemic until it safe to return to the office.)
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.