Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the smartest way for product teams to design & deliver transactional messages and notifications. Our visual designer lets anyone design a message template – without knowing HTML or needing to code – and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, SMS, Slack, WhatsApp, Push, you name it. Think "Stripe, for communication infrastructure."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We believe in hard work and good people — and we know that if you have them both, you can do amazing things.
We're looking for a creative, product-focused, full-stack engineer to help us develop key features of the next generation of our product. You'll use modern tools like React, node.js, TypeScript, AWS Lambda, and Serverless Framework to deliver high performance, modular, maintainable code. We're looking for someone who thrives on putting new features in front of customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
Who You Are
- You love working on early products and being a major contributor to not just building the product, but deciding how it is built.
- You are relentlessly customer-focused and are eager to talk to our customers (developers like you!) to learn how we can improve.
- You have experience building infrastructure that prioritizes security and privacy, or a willingness to learn the fundamentals. At Courier every developer is responsible for writing and deploying code that retains or improves the security, privacy, and compliance of our customers' data.
- You're a firm believer that developers will increasingly rely upon 3rd-party SaaS Developer Tools like Stripe, Segment, LaunchDarkly, and Courier to ensure their own time is spent focused on their product's core value proposition. Our CEO likes to say "it's turtles all the way down."
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
If this resonates with you and you like making things that make a difference (and having fun doing it) we'd love to chat!
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.