Sales Development Representative (SDR)
San Francisco, CA
Developers use Courier's API to intelligently route their products' notifications to the best channel for each user – like email, mobile push, Slack, and many others – while empowering the product managers, designers, and marketers on their team to build and maintain notifications in every channel without writing any code.
With funding from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, Slack, and Y Combinator, we are a rapidly growing software company driven by a strong mission and vision carried out by a small, talented and diverse team. Our mission is to help teams deliver the world's best notification experience to their users.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Courier, you will be responsible for strategically sourcing and qualifying business prospects for the Courier sales team. Using your unique personality and grit, you will reach out and qualify inbound leads to increase the pipeline of potential Courier customers. You will communicate how Courier can be best adapted and utilized for each use case, and why it is critical to meet with a Courier Product Specialist.
We’re looking for resilient learners and builders who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and want to understand the ins and outs of selling to a technical audience. If you know your strengths, have the humility to accept and work on your weaknesses, and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
- Master Courier's product and sales process
- Build strong relationships with prospects and customers
- Hunt and qualify inbound leads by email, phone, and onsite visits
- Skillfully build a reputation with customers and increase their interest in Courier
- Manage sales lead information in HubSpot
- Represent Courier at conferences and events
- Determine content for outbound
- Improve our sales methods and the team in general
- On a typical morning, you will answer inbound messages, reach out to prospective clients, and work closely with the sales team
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong mix of humility and drive
- Great capacity and will to learn
- Sincere customer empathy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be native or bilingual in English
- You genuinely care about solving other’s problems
- SaaS sales experience
- Proficiency with HubSpot
- Student activities or sports in school
* Generous Equity Plan with Early Exercise
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Courier is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.