San Francisco, CA /
At Courier, we are on a mission to make software-to-human communication delightful.
Courier is doing for notifications what Stripe did for payments, making it easy for developers to build and manage notifications infrastructure for mobile and web apps. We’ve combined a powerful API with a web-based design studio that lets teams create automated product-triggered notifications that deliver the right message to the right user at the right time over email, Push, Slack, SMS—you name it.
Backed by top-tier investors including Google Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator, our goal is to build a platform that developers don’t just use but one that they love. If you want to push the frontier in developer tooling, we want to work with you.
We’re solving a complex and tedious problem for developers: product notification infrastructure. Companies like LinkedIn, Slack, and GitHub dedicate large engineering teams and tens of millions of dollars per year to building and maintaining the systems that power their user notifications, alerts, reminders, digests, and other programmatic communication. With Courier, the next generation of startups will be able to dedicate those resources to delivering customer value rather than reinventing the wheel.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will educate and guide prospective customers on how Courier Enterprise can help them deliver a better notification experience. You will be the technical advisor during the customer's technical evaluation of Courier and responsible for ensuring they understand how Courier works. You should be passionate about helping software engineering teams work more efficiently, reduce complexity, and in general doing more with less.
- Advise customers on the complexity of notification infrastructure and the different ways in which Courier can be leveraged to reduce that complexity
- Create solutions to customer's pain points around notification infrastructure
- Become a domain expert on notification infrastructure
- Demo Courier Enterprise to technical audiences
- Become a Courier product expert and communicate our value and features to potential customers
- Be the voice of the customer by sharing customer feedback to the product and engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience consulting with software engineering teams
- Experience building technical proof-of-concepts
- Excellent communicator with the ability to simply explain complex technical concepts
$100,000 - $250,000 a year
• Zoom Out: Don't just stay in your lane. Take the blinders off and look at the entire business.
• Keep It Real: Be honest about what is going well and what isn't. Celebrate wins and have hard conversations.
• Talk To Customers: Working with developers isn't a job role here - it is something we all need to do. Hop on a Zoom, reach out in Slack, and build a relationship.
• Have An Opinion: Each team member is an expert on what success will look like for Courier. Nobody else has the answers.
• JFDI: There will always be more work to do than people to do it. If you see something that needs to get done, just f*cking do it. Don't wait for someone else.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you. Please don’t hesitate to ask if we can accommodate you in any way, both during the interview process and after.
• Top of market salary
• Generous equity plan
• Top of the line health insurance plan (medical, dental & vision) covered 100% for both you and your dependents
• 401k through Vestwell
• Flexible health spending account including $500 employer contribution
• Unlimited paid time off (1 week per quarter required)
• $100 monthly wellness stipend
• 12 covered therapy sessions per year through Samata Health
• A brand new workstation and credit card to cover any other necessary expenses
• Free lunch in the office, DashPass covered, and $25 DoorDash credit on Fridays
• $2000 annual personal development budget
• $100 monthly commuter benefit contribution
• Other perks and discounts through Sequoia
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting our customers' data – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes and uphold industry best practices.