Mobile SDK Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We’re looking for a skilled developer to help us build upon and maintain SDKs across over for major mobile platforms. The right candidate must have the skill and confidence to learn new programming languages, programming techniques, and fearlessly troubleshoot bugs in mobile devices and web browsers.
What You'll Do
- Write SDK bindings for Android, iOS, React Native, and other platforms supported by Courier
- Write high quality code in previously unfamiliar programming languages
- Create and maintain open source SDKs on GitHub used by developers across the world
Skills & Experience
- Has 4+ years of experience in at least one of Swift, Objective-C, or Kotlin
- Is a polyglot programmer and enjoys learning new programming languages
- Built and published a mobile app
- Enjoys interacting with a developer ecosystem and is experienced in leveraging empathy for making better developer products
- Strong development skills: software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (bonus points for TypeScript)
- Experience interacting with RESTful and RPC APIs
- Enjoys diving deep to find solutions to tricky bugs
- Gets excited about the opportunity to join a small but fast growing startup company
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain. (As with most companies, we are working remotely during the pandemic until it safe to return to the office.)
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.