San Francisco, CA
Developers use Courier's API to intelligently route their products' notifications to the best channel for each user – like email, mobile push, Slack, and many others – while empowering the product managers, designers, and marketers on their team to build and maintain notifications in every channel without writing any code.
With funding from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, Slack, and Y Combinator, we are a rapidly growing software company driven by a strong mission and vision carried out by a small, talented and diverse team. Our mission is to help teams deliver the world's best notification experience to their users.
We are looking for someone with a love for design. As a product designer at Courier, you will help lead the application design efforts and collaborate on the strategy. Someone with the passion and skills to lend a hand at every step in the process, who can partner with engineering, product management, and other designers to help us craft an application that's a pleasure to use.
What You'll Do
- You'll be the champion for the user. Making sure everything we build feels effortless to use and creates moments of delight
- You'll own the look & feel, and user experience of our user-facing application in line with the Courier branding
- Collaborating closely with other designers, project managers, and engineers you'll rapidly build and iterate in an Agile, experiment-driven product development environment
- You'll craft meaningful experiences by delivering UX, UI & IxD
- You will have a high focus on setting up and conducting user and usability research along with competitive analysis
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience and a solid portfolio with a history of interactive and impactful designs in top-notch products
- You are passionate about the experience and equally compassionate about the user
- You have excellent prototyping and design tool knowledge and know how to balance design effort, speed and quality
- You pride yourself on unbiased and non-leading user interview skills, efficient user feedback collection and documentation, and excellent communication skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple, complex projects
* Generous Equity Plan with Early Exercise
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Courier is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.