San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We are looking for someone with a love for design. As a product designer at Courier, you will help lead the application design efforts and collaborate on the strategy. Someone with the passion and skills to lend a hand at every step in the process, who can partner with engineering, product management, and other designers to help us craft an application that's a pleasure to use.
What You'll Do
- You'll be the champion for the user. Making sure everything we build feels effortless to use and creates moments of delight
- You'll own the look & feel, and user experience of our user-facing application in line with the Courier branding
- Collaborating closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers you'll rapidly build and iterate in an Agile, experiment-driven product development environment
- You'll craft meaningful experiences by delivering UX, UI & IxD
- You will have a high focus on setting up and conducting user and usability research along with competitive analysis
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience and a solid portfolio with a history of interactive and impactful designs in top-notch products
- You are passionate about the experience and equally compassionate about the user
- You have excellent prototyping and design tool knowledge and know how to balance design effort, speed and quality
- You pride yourself on unbiased and non-leading user interview skills, efficient user feedback collection and documentation, and excellent communication skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple, complex projects
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain. (As with most companies, we are working remotely during the pandemic until it is safe to return to the office.)
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.