San Francisco, CA /
Courier is the fastest way for developers to build notifications for their app. Our APIs take the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our visual designer lets anyone design a message template and deliver their notifications to the best channel for each user with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it. Think "Stripe, for notifications."
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
Our goal is to become the default notifications infrastructure for everyone - from a developer building a product in their garage on day one to the largest tech companies with millions of users. We’re looking for a developer educator who can take ownership over producing high-quality content for current and potential users.
Your goal will be to build great content to educate developers about our product and use cases via technical tutorials, how-tos, sample applications, videos, etc. in order to drive awareness and help with onboarding new users. You will work closely with our entire GTM team, from Marketing and Sales to DevRel and Customer Success.
- Create content for demo apps, new integrations, tutorials, etc. to help potential users discover Courier, quickly understand how to use the product for their use case, and guide them in their implementation.
- Build a strategy for communicating our value to individual developers and engineering teams via creating world-class technical documentation and by supporting our marketing team.
- Work closely with product and engineering to make sure developer feedback quickly results in a better product.
We are looking for someone with:
- A deep understanding of developers - their pain points, how to get their attention, and how to add value for them via content.
- (Ideally) Some professional developer experience.
- The ability to take ideas from conception to release.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You have worked cross-functionally and collaboratively with product, engineering, sales, and customer success.
- Experience writing technical documentation, making demo videos, leading webinars, etc. You understand what makes developers outstanding vs. other technical audiences and what’s different about their journey from novice to master of a new tool.
- An understanding that roles are flexible and a willingness to take on new opportunities as Courier grows!
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
* Generous Equity Plan
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain. (As with most companies, we are working remotely during the pandemic until it is safe to return to the office.)
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.