Supply Chain Manager - ATX
nok is changing the face of retail by enabling a sustainable Try Now, Buy Later experience for consumers. Unlike other brands that must often discard returned products, we thrive off of them: our proprietary circular supply chain rapidly refurbishes products and gets them back into consumers' hands.
nok is backed by seasoned entrepreneurs and institutional investors like Greycroft, Moonshots Capital and Village Global.
We are fresh off a funding round and growing quickly. We work with brands that consumers love to buy from - Dyson, Breville, Jabra, and Sony are just a few!
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will own all operational and financial elements related to our fulfillment center located in Gardena and report to the Director of Supply Chain. You will lead the day-to-day operations of our front-line personnel and ensure systems, processes and reporting are aligned to meet our business objectives as well as each of our brand partners' requirements.
People: You will be responsible for hiring, managing and developing our fulfillment center personnel across the pick & packing, QA, inventory management and return processing functions. You will train them across each brand specific need and create and oversee their shifts to ensure we are consistently meeting our business objectives and operational KPIs around speed, quality and accuracy. You will foster a collaborative environment
Process: You will create SOPs to implement best practices across various areas of our fulfillment operations, including: receiving stock, inventory management and cycle counts, pick & packing and refurbishment. Specifically, you will work with our brand partners operations teams to develop a process a tailored process to receive, inspect, test, clean and repackage products between each tryout. We expect you to proactively suggest and create new processes leading to performance improvements.
Reporting: You will closely monitor performance across our key KPIs and create reports, both on aggregate and by brand, around inventory levels, order fulfillment & refurbishment speed, which will be used to forecast our staffing needs, for commercial purposes and to create a baseline for the additional fulfillment centers we'll be launching this year. You will keep a close eye to inventory and equipment levels and to ensure they are stocked and reordered as needed.
- You have 3-5 years experience in fulfillment operations management.Big plus if you have been part of an early stage operation that has drastically scaled during your tenure and/or if you have experience with refurbishment operations across consumer goods (kitchen appliances, computer equipment, apparel).
- The best candidates for this role are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy and compassion for associates, and the passion and leadership to help them growth while standing up for them when the time arises. Your North Star is the consumer experience. You are constantly on the lookout for areas of improvement, and you proactively develop plans for implementation, and get it done. You communicate your initiatives proactively, but you don’t wait for permission. You are a team player. You are responsive (within reason) to your team and you solve problems blamelessly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on, hustle mentality
- Proven leadership ability; demonstrated ability to build, mentor, train, grow, and lead a team
- You love building SOPs
- You are highly organized and have exquisite attention to detail
- Effective organizational and planning skills including the ability to define a problem, collect data, determine root cause, and work to resolution with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Life at nok
In our view, happy and driven people are the secret sauce to a successful company, and at nok, we value building the right team of dreamers above all else. The nature of an early-stage startup is demanding, but we believe the right group of people with the right mindset can achieve the seemingly impossible together.
We provide benefits that make it worthwhile:
- 401(k) + limited match (up to $5k)
- 100% coverage for preventive care, and (at least) 80% paid for your medical, dental, vision. This covers dependents too, of course!
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly budget for fitness/wellness
- Budget for education + professional development
- 6 weeks PTO (with flexibility for extraordinary circumstances at manager’s discretion)
- 16 weeks parental leave
nok is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We hold ourselves to the highest standards and do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
PS: we encourage applicants to demonstrate their interest by ordering a free tryout on noktryouts.com and experiencing the service.