Mountain View, CA
Our applications team is responsible for the architecture, development and scaling of core backend systems that power Tubular. Our goals include scaling and architecting systems to support advanced product features that may not be currently viable because of hard technical considerations. We’re a small but effective team with a track record of highly impactful work.
The ideal candidate has senior to lead level experience and has demonstrated growth in responsibility through their career.
What you will do
- Create models and algorithms to better categorize videos, creators, and fans and identify interesting links between them
- Find interesting thematic concepts to help creators build content that resonates with and engages their audience
- Aggregate/interpolate/extrapolate large sets of data to show how online videos and content creators trend over time
- Look for ways to help marketers understand the demographics of their target audience, segmenting beyond the basics (age, gender)
- Build schedulers and data pipelines to constantly track over 1 billion videos from hundreds of millions of creators on 25+ platforms
- Mentor junior developers to build the standards by which we deliver our infrastructure
We are looking for engineers with
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Our backend technology is Python based, however experience with any backend language is good
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing, and associated trade-offs
- Strong CS fundamentals, demonstrated rigor in engineering
- ElasticSearch and Cassandra expertise is a plus