Backend Engineer (Kyiv)
At Tubular Labs you will get the Silicon Valley startup experience right here in Kyiv. You
will be working at constantly growing company which takes leading positions in the
measurement of Online Video Industry. By tracking metadata for more than 5 billion
videos, 15M creators and their audience across top platforms including YouTube,
Facebook, Twitter and others, we build unique insights which help brands, media
companies, and publishers located across the world make better business decisions.
You will closely collaborate with your American colleagues with occasional trips to
Tubular Labs’ Silicon Valley headquarters.
Tubular Labs will invest in your growth as an engineer through a variety of knowledge
sharing, training, conferences, and self-development opportunities, while paying you a
competitive salary. If you are the type that gets strongly motivated by solving tough
problems as part of a high caliber engineering team, then Tubular Labs is a place where
you can thrive.
We are looking for people who:
- Can design, create, and drive big data projects providing high uptime for their components
- Has strong Python skills and deeply experienced with at least one of the following technologies: Spark, ElasticSearch, Mesos, MySQL
- Care about quality whether it’s code, unit tests, business features or documentation
- Were responsible and delivered at least one big project and can explain how it changed a company/business
- Act as a team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and a project manager
- Can work well autonomously, without close supervision, ready to take responsibility for projects and deliverables
- Strong English, both written and spoken
- Able to travel to the United States for occasional business trips to the company’s headquarters.
At Tubular you will learn how to:
- Organize complex microservices architecture
- Ingest and process 10Tb of data daily
- Design petabyte scale Warehouse on top of open source and AWS technologies
- Operate and model data in ElasticSearch to provide low latency responses querying billions of documents
- Write efficient Spark jobs
- We believe in trust, transparency, and collaboration so we know our problems and working together on solving various challenges. We like sharing wins and open to learn from mistakes.
- We measure success by customer satisfaction. By applying learn/adapt/advance principle we strive to provide smooth experience with unique video industry insights.
- We love to learn and open to new ideas. We switched from Hadoop to S3, from Hive to Spark, from monolith to microservices, from RabbitMQ to Kafka. All these transitions (and others) came from engineer suggestions. Your ideas will likewise be heard.
- We believe that online video industry is huge part of the future and what we do at Tubular is unique and contributing to the growth of the industry. Your contributions will enable us to accomplish this goal.
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.