Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Tubular Labs is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence, serving over 15M video creators and 130+ enterprise customers, including Viacom, Warner Bros., HGTV, Activision, AwesomenessTV, Maker Studios and Fullscreen. Tubular's audience and content insights empower our customers to refine their content and distribution strategy, find and partner with influencers, and optimize their promotion budgets.
In order to accomplish this,Tubular analyzes the engagement of over 1 billion viewers and tracks 5 billion videos across YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, and Instagram. Our web application team is responsible for the architecture and, development of the experience that powers Tubular. We have a unique and massive dataset which presents interesting challenges to web development. We create powerful user interfaces and interactive data visualizations that allow users to easily view and manipulate terabytes of video data. Members of our small, focused team drive their projects from start to finish in all aspects of design, implementation, and delivery. We’re looking for developers who can apply their skills across the stack, from writing complex database queries to authoring new data visualizations. Based off of these challenges, the ideal candidate would be senior to lead level experience and has demonstrated growth in responsibility through their career.
What you will do
- Work with product management to define the features that are in iterations of our product and to help them understand what is possible
- Find interesting thematic concepts to help creators build content that resonates with and engages their audience
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you're not just responsible for a single issue, but for a suite of product features delivered to customers
- Work with ElasticSearch, Cassandra, other internal APIs to deliver functionality to customers
- Listen to customer feedback and work with product to deliver a delightful experience
- Create delightful and novel user experiences for Tubular's enterprise SaaS offering
- Strive to produce sub-second response times even when analyzing massive data sets
We are looking for engineers with
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Our server code is written in Python with the Tornado web framework. Experience with other object oriented languages and frameworks is welcome
- Strong CS fundamentals, demonstrated rigor in engineering practices
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.