Analyst – Social Media & Video (NY)
New York, NY
We’re looking for an Analyst to help our clients launch new YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other Social video channels and develop strategies at the forefront of online video. The Analyst will work on the Professional Services team using Tubular’s cutting-edge software products and vast data set to drive custom recommendations for our clients – movie studios, broadcasters, gaming companies and world-class brands across industries that are looking to build audiences on social media. From strategy to execution, the ideal candidate will be able to handle running analyses with an eye to insights, leading client engagements and creating high-quality external publications to share with CMOs globally. Tubular provides bestinclass training to make the Analyst a top performing superstar with massive room for growth.
- Ownership of a problem from beginning to end; responsible for handling projects from client needs-assessment and proposal development to research methodology, strategy and insight development, project implementation and delivery using both primary and secondary data.
- Independently problem solve using equally strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual skills; Senior Analysts are expected to be able to deconstruct a complex problem and regularly think of creative approaches to solving problems in non-intuitive ways
- Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication for both client and internal audiences; Prepare client-ready reports and insights along with in-person presentations at client site
- Collaborate on a number of interesting projects at once including marketing and insights reports at the forefront of YouTube and online video analytics.
- BA/BS degree from a top tier 4-year college or university. Interested in and preferably has experience in social media and media research.
- Achievements and 2-4 years’ experience from a high performing organization (e.g., consulting, high-growth technology company), with at least 1 of those years working in the Media sector
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; a keen eye on numbers and talent for the visual display of quantitative information is highly desirable
- Advanced use of Excel, including Pivot tables and advanced analyses
- Past use or familiarity with a coding language (including SQL, Python or other) preferred
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to independently pursue hypothesis to discoveries.
- Must be well organized with strong attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written (including editing and proofing) and especially presentation. The ability to simplify complex analysis into concrete learning and action steps
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines
What do we offer:
- A chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your (and your dependents) needs, and to keep you happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.