Head of User Experience
Mountain View, CA
We're looking for a Head of User Experience to lead all of Tubular's user experience efforts. You'll be responsible for all aspects of Tubular's product design, including user research, wire framing new products, and designing prototypes. You'll also be responsible for building and leading a world-class team of UX professionals and visual designers. From defining Tubular's design process and principles to leading your team to consistently deliver best-in-class product design, our ideal candidate is a User Experience executive with a clear track record of building and scaling successful products.
- Deliver user-centered designs that continue to differentiate Tubular's unique product offering and delight our enterprise customers
- Lead user research and usability testing, share findings with the broader team, and translate them into action
- Define customer personas and create the corresponding user flows/wireframes
- Make pragmatic design decisions that balance creative and analytical goals, technical limitations, and business priorities
- Partner with product management to prioritize customer needs and define scalable solutions
- Evangelize the user experience across the entire organization to ensure a consistent user experience
- Measure the impact of your work by defining and tracking key metrics
- Recruit, train, and lead a world-class team of UX professionals and visual designers
- BA/BS degree from a top academic institution; degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or Visual Design is a plus
- 6+ years in User Experience where you designed and shipped a successful cloud product with great UX/design and lots of users
- Expertise in design thinking and UX fundamentals including strategy, research, usability, interaction design, and visual design
- Strong skills in crafting effective UX flows, wireframes, and rapid prototyping
- Proven ability to produce high-quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solution
- Ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- Experience with visualizing data, analytics, and alerts/notifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate coach and mentor who elevates everyone around them
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and other prototyping tools
- Experience with responsive design is a plus
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.