Mountain View, CA
Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution, providing media companies, brand marketers, and agencies, such as Comedy Central, Maker Studios, Pepsi, and Activision, with the actionable insights they need to make better content and distribution decisions. In everything we do, we strive to build the best possible product. Our goal is to combine simplicity and power to deliver an awesome user experience.
In order to accomplish this, we hire the best front end engineers to build a compelling web app that allows users to explore the world’s largest digital video insights data set. The front end engineering team drives innovations in data visualization and self-service reporting that makes Tubular recognized as the best video analytics tool available today. Our front end engineering team is responsible for architecting, developing, and delivering the experience that powers Tubular. We work on building reusable components that help other members of our team build the next set of features faster. Working closely with our product team, we rapidly design and deliver functionality to our users. We’re a small, but effective team with a track record of highly impactful work.
What you will do
- Work with product management to define the features that deliver data insights and improve usability of our product
- Implement all aspects of our product’s UI and it’s integration with back end data services
- Collaborate with designers and UX to ensure the product’s presentation of data is visually compelling and intuitive
- Listen to customer feedback and work with product to deliver a delightful product experience
We are looking for engineers with
- Broad understanding in the architecture, development, and operations of scalable, production-quality web applications
- Demonstrated growth in responsibility through their career and a strong aptitude to take on new challenges with no ‘standard solution’
- Innate ability to work with product and design teams to collaboratively develop beautiful and functional user experiences, especially in the presentation of data insights
- A strong sense of ownership; you're not just responsible for a single issue, but for a suite of product features that we deliver to the customer
- In-depth familiarity with AngularJS and CoffeeScript is a major plus
- Strong CS fundamentals and demonstrated rigor in engineering practices is a must
- Bonus points for Python experience - our server side is built on Python and Tornado