Customer Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Tubular is the measurement standard for the digital video era. Our 200+ enterprise software customers include Viacom, Conde Nast, Time Inc., Activision, Warner Bros., Mattel, and hundreds more. This role is to own our customer relationship from a marketing angle and will have major impact as we develop and bring to market innovative solutions transforming the media industry.
Tubular is seeking a Customer Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. In this role you will systematize the marketing motion to highlight the wins of our best customers to inspire others. You will be the voice of Tubular’s customer both internally and externally. You will do this through surveys, interviews, conferences, co-press, co-thought leadership, webinars and more. You will engage and amplify the Tubular customer community. Identifying and surfacing compelling stories from these customers in multiple formats, channels and venues to drive revenue growth and increase customer loyalty will be required to succeed in this role.
Customer marketing is responsible for increasing customer engagement, usage and retention across our suite of video intelligence products. This is a highly collaborative role working closely with product marketing, marketing, sales, and customer success.
- Build and help define the customer marketing function at Tubular (in partnership with the CMO).
- Build rapport with customers to identify compelling stories and increase the number of reference-able customers; ensure Tubular has customer stories that highlight our top customer segments, industries, and use cases/value stories
- Write and edit these stories, repurposing them for different mediums including videos and technical blog posts
- Develop Tubular’s first official customer advisory program to inform our product roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer and the voice of the industry on the marketing team. Help educate the company on the media industry and our customers
- Select power-level participants for fireside chat webinars, own the LinkedIn community, be the voice of the industry when selecting trade events and hosting dinners. Eventually help dictate the agenda at the Tubular Conference
- Identify key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, participants on Fireside chats, press partners, webinar partners etc. Build relationships with PR teams at customer organizations
- Build and manage the Customer Innovator Program a portfolio of reference-able customers for in person/virtual events, workshops, conferences, reference calls and investor relations. Measure performance and how much pipeline revenue the program impacts
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
- Compose and send customer emails and surveys
- Conduct interviews and host customer panel discussions
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories and videos
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with marketing operations to implement
- Contribute on customer community / social media until that full time role is hired
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (marketing, product, customer success, sales) ideally in a B2B company
- Exceptional writing, communication, and speaking skills
- Strong relationship management skills and client-facing experience
- Incredibly organized and efficient — you take on complex projects and own them from start to finish
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Incredibly creative marketing and communication skills
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- Thrives in ambiguous environments
- Deep knowledge of the media industry and Tubular’s customers and market
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
What do we offer?
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health insurance plans, dental and vision packages (3 out of 4 plans) to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.