Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Tubular Labs is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence, serving over 5,000 video creators and 130+ enterprise customers, including Viacom, Warner Bros., HGTV, Activision, AwesomenessTV, Maker Studios and Fullscreen. Tubular's audience and content insights empower our customers to refine their content and distribution strategy, find and partner with influencers, and optimize their promotion budgets.
In order to accomplish this,Tubular analyzes the engagement of over 400 million viewers and tracks 2.2 billion videos across 30 platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Instagram, AOL and Yahoo. Our web application team is responsible for the architecture and, development of the experience that powers Tubular. We have a unique and massive dataset which presents interesting challenges to web development. We create powerful user interfaces and interactive data visualizations that allow users to easily view and manipulate terabytes of video data. Members of our small, focused team drive their projects from start to finish in all aspects of design, implementation, and delivery. We’re looking for developers who can apply their skills across the stack, from writing complex database queries to authoring new data visualizations. Based off of these challenges, the ideal candidate would be senior to lead level experience and has demonstrated growth in responsibility through their career.
What you will do
- Work with product management to define the features that are in iterations of our product and to help them understand what is possible
- Find interesting thematic concepts to help creators build content that resonates with and engages their audience
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you're not just responsible for a single issue, but for a suite of product features delivered to customers
- Work with ElasticSearch, Cassandra, other internal APIs to deliver functionality to customers
- Listen to customer feedback and work with product to deliver a delightful experience
- Create delightful and novel user experiences for Tubular's enterprise SaaS offering
- Strive to produce sub-second response times even when analyzing massive data sets
We are looking for engineers with
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Our server code is written in Python with the Tornado web framework. Experience with other object oriented languages and frameworks is welcome
- Strong CS fundamentals, demonstrated rigor in engineering practices