Manager, Customer Support (LA)
Los Angeles, CA
Tubular Labs is a video intelligence SaaS product used by thousands of people at the top global media companies and brands. Our Enterprise customers include Buzzfeed, Viacom, Conde Nast, Scripps, NBCUniversal, Mattel, Red Bull and hundreds more. Committed to empowering the success of progressive video teams using Tubular, our Customer Success team has a physical presence in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City and London where we work hand in hand with our customers to enable business outcomes using the data and insights from the Tubular software.
We are looking for a Manager of Customer Support to own Customer Support at Tubular Labs. In this role, you will be responsible for the direct management of our SMB Customer segment through a tech/low touch approach, and will have an indirect impact on the satisfaction and experience of all customers via Support channels. To be successful in this position, you should have domain expertise in customer support, possess a growth-oriented ownership mindset, rely on metrics and data to drive decisions, and be comfortable working cross-functionally.
This role sits within the Customer Success team and reports to the Director of Customer Success.
- Own front line Customer Support for all customers
- Own the multi-million $ book of business for the SMB Customer Segment in the US & APAC – including customer onboarding and on-going support, working with customer-base primarily through email cases, live-chat support, and leveraging on-demand customer learning portal. You will own gross renewal rate metrics.
- Provide a best-in-class, high NPS Customer Support function for enterprise accounts that coordinates well with our Customer Success function
- Partner with Customer Marketing to design one to many customer communications - email campaigns, webinars etc.
- Represent the voice of customers regarding their pain points and FAQs – channel this feedback to product and customer enablement teams
- Measure customer health/risk of SMB portfolio of accounts through customer metrics & survey data, designing red zone plans for at risk accounts with a goal of maximizing customer retention and renewals
- Oversee customer support requests for Enterprise customers – includes product-related questions, technical support, bugs, and data curation requests
- Handle NPS and other customer experience surveys
- Track against customer support metrics and define benchmarks over time
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Customer Enablement, Customer Success, and Product teams
- Partner with UK based customer support counterpart to ensure alignment and define global best practices
- As need grows, opportunity to expand team and take on leadership role within customer support
Skills we are looking for:
- General Management mindset - you will approach this as fully owning the Tier 3 portfolio and owning systems and processes significantly impacting the renewal and satisfaction of the rest of the business
- 3-5+ years of Customer Support experience
- Experience working in a SaaS or technology company; Experience in digital video, online data/research, or measurement/analytics a big plus
- Ideal candidates are self-starters with a proven track record of success
- Ability to partner with other teams in cross functional capacity
- Ability to ask key questions to scope out root-cause of problems and resolve quickly
- Experience working with support technologies including email and live-chat ticketing systems, managing queue to defined SLAs
- Excels with data-driven decision making and thrives in a metrics driven culture
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills with exceptional organizational skills
- Drive NPS and customer satisfaction results and created programs that increase these elements
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue growth
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Community, or Intercom a plus
What do we offer?
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health insurance plans, dental and vision packages (3 out of 4 plans) to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.