Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Online video is exploding. The rates of both production and consumption of video content are growing exponentially over time. Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution. Our products track more than 4B videos, 11M creators and their audience across top platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram and others. Using advanced data science to makes sense of 100s of TB of data, we are building a unique analytics service which help brands, media companies and publishers located across the world make better business decisions.
We are looking for top-notch engineers to help us build and scale the first of its kind cross-platform video analytics service. Come and join our team!
We're a team of hybrid software/systems engineers that work on infrastructure at Tubular Labs. You'll be supporting our other engineering teams (application team, ingestion teams and backend teams) in building scalable infrastructure. You will also be the owner of your own services; including data stores, tools and other infrastructure components and get a lot of autonomy to make the right decision for them. You'll dive into, learn and get up to speed with new technologies and development languages. You’ll be able to make an impact in a small team that’s part of a growing startup.
- Collaborate with other software engineers on new projects that move the company forward by being part of cross-functional teams.
- Be a calm and confident authority on the components you own, like our application infrastructure, Consul service-discovery system, Kafka distributed streaming, on-demand Apache Spark clusters run through Mesos, and everything in between.
- Writing and reviewing code, debugging issues together with others in the PE team and in other teams on a variety of different production systems you have access to.
Challenges/tasks that you may tackle
- Help move services to containers.
- Prepare and hold a game day where we will chaos test a technology you own.
- Troubleshoot a performance impact to any system at Tubular Labs.
- AWS, Terraform
- Mesos, SaltStack, Consul, Vault
- Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
- Python, Scala & Go