System Administrator, Dev Ops
Online video is exploding. The rates of both production and consumption of video content are growing exponentially over time. Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution. Our products track more than 5B videos, 15M creators and their audience across top platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram and others. Using advanced data science to makes sense of 100s of TB of data, we are building a unique analytics service which help brands, media companies and publishers located across the world make better business decisions.
We are looking for top-notch system administrator to help us build and scale the first of its kind cross-platform video analytics service. Come and join our team!
We're a team of hybrid software/systems engineers that work on infrastructure at Tubular Labs. You'll be supporting our other engineering teams (application team, ingestion teams and backend teams) in building scalable infrastructure. You will also be the owner of your own services; including data stores, tools and other infrastructure components and get a lot of autonomy to make the right decision for them. You'll dive into, learn and get up to speed with new technologies and development languages. You’ll be able to make an impact in a small team that’s part of a growing startup.
- Collaborate with other software engineers on new projects that move the company forward by being part of cross-functional teams.
- Be a calm and confident authority on the components you own, like our application infrastructure, Consul service-discovery system, Kafka distributed streaming, on-demand Apache Spark clusters run through Mesos, and everything in between.
Challenges/tasks that you may tackle
- Help move services to containers.
- Prepare and hold a game day where we will chaos test a technology you own.
- Troubleshoot a performance impact to any system at Tubular Labs.
- AWS, Terraform
- Mesos, SaltStack, Consul, Vault
- Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
- Python, Scala & Go
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.