Director, Product Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Tubular is the measurement standard for the digital video era. Our 200+ enterprise software customers include Viacom, Conde Nast, Time Inc., Activision, Warner Bros., Mattel, and hundreds more. This role is to own Product Marketing at the company and will have major impact as we develop and bring to market innovative solutions transforming the media industry.
We’re looking for a creative, talented, and dynamic Head of Product Marketing to work out of our global center of sales and marketing leadership in downtown San Francisco. This individual will be responsible for owning product marketing and sales enablement for Tubular Labs. The position will sit at the intersection of marketing, product and sales. A successful candidate will have experience working cross-functionally and can build sales & marketing stories from scratch.
This person will be a key driver in Tubulars’ future growth, through launching new products, enabling a global sales force, and championing new innovations in the social video and measurement space. This senior role will use a number of outlets to maintain and improve Tubular’s position as the global leader in online video and measurement technology, including but not limited to: team management, content writing, video creation, press relations, industry events, presentations, data sheets, white papers, and customer case studies.
The selected candidate will work closely with our Product Management team to help drive the product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for new features. They’ll work closely with our Account Managers, Client Success and Professional Services teams, and enable them to effectively position our products and solutions and differentiate our offerings from our competition.
- End-to-end ownership of product marketing (both strategic vision and tactical execution) for including defining the vision and strategy of the Product Marketing team.
- Work in lock step with the Product team to help drive the near and long term product roadmap for Tubular Labs.
- Create product positioning and messaging for all products, services, and solutions.
- Build the strategy and drive the execution of product launches and partnerships, including pricing, packaging, positioning, etc.
- Create sales tools and collateral including presentations, data sheets, case studies, demo videos, and white papers.
- Develop material and train and train the global sales team to articulate product positioning and advantages.
- Partner with the Corporate Marketing team to launch content campaigns designed to drive and measure leads and impact brand awareness.
- Support the Corporate Marketing and PR teams with content to increase coverage of Tubular in key trade, business, and national press publications.
- Manage 3rd party vendors and drive direction of creative assets.
- Develop relationships with key Tubular customers, helping to turn these customers into references and compelling testimonials.
- Identify target customer segments and relevant personas; develop compelling value propositions and sales material to meet the needs of each persona.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10+ years in a product marketing or product role with 4+ years in B2B SaaS Product Marketing.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in the video measurement, social analytics, or decision support space at both large and start-up companies.
- Ability to operate as an executive leader but also as an individual contributor - must be willing to roll up your sleeves!
- Experience building sales enablement and product marketing collateral from scratch.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization—from executive staff, to end users, to prospective buyers—with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as well as plan and execute on deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of the social video space, with previous experience serving in analytics and measurement companies being highly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience in pricing both product and solution offerings and with a proven track record of success.
- Analytical mindset: can process data, generate insights, and build a great story that has roots in data.
- Experienced at developing competitive analysis and articulating differentiators to sellers, while also influencing the product roadmap.
- Experienced at building MRDs/PRDs or Product Briefs.
What do we offer?
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health insurance plans, dental and vision packages (3 out of 4 plans) to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.