Software Engineering Manager
Mountain View, CA
Tubular Labs is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence, serving over 15 Million video creators and 130+ enterprise customers, including Viacom, Warner Bros., HGTV, Activision, AwesomenessTV, Maker Studios and Fullscreen. Tubular's audience and content insights empower our customers to refine their content and distribution strategy, find and partner with influencers, and optimize their promotion budgets.
In order to accomplish this,Tubular analyzes the engagement of over 1 billion viewers and tracks 5 billion videos across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, and Instagram. Processing all that data using the latest in big data technologies, and presenting the resulting insights using a best in class user experience. Our goal is to combine simplicity and power to deliver an awesome user experience.
As a fast growing startup, we are expanding the engineering team in order to address the explosion of opportunities in this new market. In order to facilitate this growth, we are looking for an engineering manager who can build and lead a team to define, design, implement, and operate elements of our SaaS product that is quickly being adopted as the industry standard for digital video measurement. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of forming a team with existing and newly hired engineers that will drive real impact to the success of the business and help form the burgeoning market of digital video. The great candidate would be able to not only recruit, manage, and lead a highly effective team, but also have the capability and willingness to roll up their sleeves and personally contribute to the team success.
- Build a high performing team by hiring, retaining, and mentoring
- Work with the engineering, product management and other stakeholders to develop the scope and requirements of projects that the team will engage in
- Drive a predictable and transparent sprint process to accomplish team goals
- Ensure product delivers desired business value by monitoring, operating, and improving the systems the team is responsible for
- Lead the team technically and culturally, creating an environment that is highly collaborative and conducive to delivering quality results
- At least 10 years experience as a successful software engineer, of which at least 3 years as a team lead or manager.
- Hands on experience with one or more of Python, Angular.js, ElasticSearch, Spark, or User Experience
- Demonstrated success in growing, managing, and leading a cross-functional engineering team
- Experience at building and driving a agile software development process
- Experience building and running applications with Amazon Web Services is a plus
What we offer
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health insurance plans for you and your family, to fit your needs and ensure you’re happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.