Principal Full Stack Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution. Tubular’s products ingest information about online videos across major social platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc) and make this information available via an intuitive and analytically insightful single-page web application, all while aiming to provide sub-second response times. Every day, millions of new videos are uploaded across these social platforms. The upload and consumption rates of online video are growing exponentially over time. We’re looking for top-notch engineers to help us solve some of these challenging big data problems.
As a Principal Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for a large vertical stack of code ranging from UI to backend. You will work on a single-page web application written on top of a large stack of modern open source frameworks and libraries. Your work will touch a wide range of problems - from creating effective data visualizations to making the UI feel ultra responsive via asynchronous I/O techniques. On the backend, you will help architect and implement GraphQL queries and business logic that can quickly and efficiently respond to highly parallelizable big data queries.
We’re looking for engineers who enjoy working on the full stack of technologies used to create a data-centric product with a beautiful customer experience. Your responsibilities will range from feature development to metrics monitoring and query optimization. We’re a small and effective team that takes pride in deploying new functionality on a weekly basis. You will work closely with our product and design teams to rapidly design and deliver new functionality to users. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented engineers who fret about every pixel on screen and who take pride in writing clean code with thoughtful test coverage.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with product managers to define the features that deliver data insights and improve usability of our product.
- Implement all aspects of our product’s UI and its integration with backend data services.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure the product’s presentation of data is visually compelling and intuitive.
- Listen to customer feedback and work with our product team to deliver a delightful product experience.
- Write clean, testable, effective code and mentor others in the team to do so as well.
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ENGINEERS WITH:
- Strong CS fundamentals and demonstrated rigor in engineering practices.
- An openness to work on a variety of technical problems spanning both UI and backend.
- Broad understanding of the architecture, development, and operations of scalable, production-quality web applications.
- Demonstrated growth in responsibility through your career and a strong aptitude to take on new challenges with no “standard solution”.Innate ability to work with product and design teams to collaboratively develop beautiful and functional user experiences, especially in the presentation of data insights.
- A strong sense of ownership; you're not just responsible for a single issue, but for a suite of product features that we deliver to the customer.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks like Angular or React along with GraphQL is a major plus.
- Experience deploying apps in AWS or similar cloud infrastructure.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and other stuff to help you get through the day
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future
- Flexible PTO
- FREE health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your (and your dependents) needs, and to keep you happy and healthy
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
- Awesome work environment
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.