Content Marketing Manager – Insights
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an analytical content marketer who loves video to join the team responsible for crafting and amplifying Tubular’s story to the world. Our mission is to be the measurement standard for the online video era, and this role is key to getting us there.
A critical member of a cross-functional team, you will manage the insights marketing engine from start to end, including scoping proposals, directing analysis and managing execution and on-time delivery to the highest standards. You keep a finger on the pulse of the digital video evolution and have an informed point of view on how Tubular can and should be playing to help champion it forward.
The ideal candidate should have an “ambidextrous brain,” able to go from qualitative to quantitative analysis and back again, and effortlessly connect data insights to business insights to quickly identify commercially relevant trends. A strategic thinker, you can identify and articulate compelling stories in the noise.
Our stakeholders include digital leaders in media, publishers and brands, industry analysts and the press, and our global colleagues and customers. You have a deep sense of what is missing in media measurement today, and the fact that Tubular can quickly surface insights from 4.6B videos, 400M video consumers, 12M influencers, 117K brands and 71B sponsored video views (and counting) puts a spring in your step.
While this role sits with our marketing group, you will receive best in class strategist training from our Professional Services team to learn on how our product and data delivers value to our customers and broader community.
- Owning the insights engine at the core of Tubular’s content and communication strategy, driving our thought-leadership agenda and helping us achieve our top of funnel marketing objectives
- Combining research with business acumen to conceive of, execute and deliver industry-leading content for webinar and events, content partnerships, Tubular Insights content strategy, marketing communications, and press impact
- Manage content and PR partnerships with customers, analysts, journalists, and our PR agency
- Distill complex data into easily digestible, actionable, and memorable insights for a broader audience, through written and visual communications of the highest standard
- Be connective tissue to our global, cross-functional team and our public brand and presence
- Lead a number of interesting projects at once, with an ability to 10x output through efficiency and collaboration
- Partner and contribute written, visual and/or video content to Tubular Insights, PR, and other content channels
- BA/BS degree required; MBA a plus
- Achievements and 3-4 years management consulting at a top-tier firm (or work at a top tier digital-first agency), with significant experience working directly with senior-level clients – including selling, running meetings, and delivering analysis
- Interested in and preferably has experience in social media, digital content, and/or media research and strategy
- An entrepreneurial attitude -- with a high degree of intellectual curiosity, a passion for digital video and/or social media, and strong intuition for the fast-moving online video industry
- Excellent communication skills that span written, spoken, and visual communication
- Experience and comfort managing multiple cross-functional projects and stakeholders
- A clear and methodical approach to problem-solving and ability to independently pursue hypothesis to discovery
- Advanced use of Excel, PowerPoint, R, SQL, and YouTube are a plus; fluency in SQL not required if willing and able to learn quickly, but fluency in Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- A sense of humor and a love for memes!
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.