Head of Demand Generation and Marketing Operations
San Francisco, CA
Tubular helps businesses grow and monetize massive video audiences. We provide independent analytics for the entire social video ecosystem, allowing creators, agencies and brands to succeed together.
Based in Mountain View, California, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and London, Tubular is the world’s leading video analytics firm.
Our clients include the world’s largest media companies and the most progressive brands. We are supplying these firms with the data and insight they need to produce their next generation of breakthrough content. Tubular has 200 enterprise customers including BuzzFeed, Viacom, Scripps, NBC, Mashable, Refinery29, Warner Bros., LEGO, and Adidas.
As director of demand generation and marketing operations, you’ll own the marketing funnel and be responsible for driving qualified opportunities. You’ll develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans to exceed pipeline and revenue goals. Marketing programs, online marketing, and account-based marketing will all be a part of your marketing mix, and you’ll constantly be adding to the mix and optimizing it to ensure we’re capturing demand as efficiently as possible. You’ll also own the website, A/B testing, and the design/development team that executes on corporate website development. With responsibility for marketing operations in addition to demand generation, you will always look to improve conversion rates through the funnel by ensuring our marketing systems are nurturing, scoring and routing appropriately and that no good lead is ever left behind. You’ll also own reporting responsibility for the marketing organization, making sure our team, company, and board know marketing’s impact on revenue. This role requires a strategic leader that is equal parts creative, operational, collaborative, and revenue-minded.
- Lead the demand generation and marketing operations functions to drive predictable and scalable pipeline generation and revenue.
- Propose, develop, test and execute multi-channel acquisition programs that seamlessly integrate events, digital, content, email, direct mail, paid advertising, social and account-based marketing.
- Own driving demand from our incredibly fruitful freemium offering by developing the right scoring, nurturing, and routing practices and partnering with product, sales and SDR on an integrated approach to further maximize its potential.
- Work with content team to develop content promotion plans across marketing tactics (social networks, paid ads, content syndication, blog, display, web and email).
- Own our nurturing, scoring and routing strategies.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Tubular value prop and messaging so you can translate it into effective copy for emails, landing pages and other demand assets.
- Exceed pipeline and revenue goals by working in lockstep with your marketing peers, sales leadership, sales, and business development teams.
- Solidify our funnel and attribution models and always be ready to report results and provide insights.
- Establish KPIs for all programs, create results forecasts, and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes.
- Manage and own the Marketing technology stack (including but not limited to Tubular, Pardot and SFDC).
- Lead marketing planning, budgeting and reporting processes with CMO.
- Lead, motivate, mentor 3 direct reports
- 10+ years experience in B2B marketing, demand generation and/or marketing operations, preferably at SaaS, technology, or digital media companies.
- Deep experience planning and managing demand generation programs that produce high quality opportunities and create exponential revenue.
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency with Pardot (or similar) and Salesforce.com.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence and motivate team members, especially those that don’t report to you.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on the current business requirements and landscape.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.A love for online video!
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(k) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your (and your dependents) needs, and to keep you happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
Why choose Tubular?
Tubular is riding the tsunami of digital video.
Smartphones, social media and new streaming apps are revolutionizing media and entertainment. Viewers have never had so much great content to choose from, from so many diverse creators, available to watch in so many ways. As advertising, TV and social media converge, new industries will emerge. Tubular is the worldwide leader in online video intelligence. We are guiding firms through the new digital video landscape. We serve the world’s greatest media companies and brands, including top movie studios & TV network, leading technology companies, and the creme of digital first publishers. We are a team of tech-savvy media enthusiasts. We offer a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to make a real impact on your career, on our company, and the global media industry. With a highly engaged client base, we offer an insider’s view on the rise of the new generation of entertainment.