Engineering – ECommerce
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
You won’t lose sleep on a Tuft & Needle mattress, and you won’t lose sleep when you work with us either. T&N (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, a world-class customer experience. T&N quickly became the most disruptive and innovative company in the e-commerce bedding space. Continuing to deliver on its mission in even bigger ways, we merged with Serta Simmons Bedding in September 2018, to expand the overall improvement to the industry. As a result, more and more people are resting easier every day.
Our stack consists primarily of ES5/ES2016, React, Redux, Express, Middleman, HAML, Pug, SASS, Ruby, Rails, and Postgres and is deployed to Now and S3. Our codebase has excellent test coverage and we have CircleCI for continuous integration and believe strongly in continuous deployment. Test coverage is currently being rewritten in the form of end to end tests with Cypress.
- Develop for tuftandneedle.com as well as our internal CRM and administration systems
- Collaborate with the engineering team on developing new features to our public site as well as our internal applications
- Assist with marketing efforts to rapidly test and implement changes to the existing public content
- Fluent in HTML and CSS and have experience with preprocessors like HAML, SASS, LESS, Pug, or Stylus
- Fluent in React and Redux or another mature front-end framework
- Experience in designing REST APIs
- Experience in the full life cycle of a project (wireframing, storycarding, feature development, refactoring, and ongoing maintenance)
- Management of all areas of a modern web stack, including CI configuration, PAAS management (Now, Netlify, Heroku, etc.), Cloudflare, and related Amazon services
- Experience with performance monitoring and optimization
- Ability to identify accessibility limitations and develop enhancements to support site accessibility
- Knowledge of multivariant testing systems and analytics tracking
YOU CAN SLEEP BETTER WHEN YOU WORK AT T&N
Our people – You will be working alongside some of the most talented, supportive, savvy individuals out there… people we are so proud to work with. Together, we are shaking things up in the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients that they would never expect.
Our product – Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits - We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents, paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org