Sales Director / Account Executive
Sales – Sales
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
As a member of the Sales team, the Sales Director serves as the subject matter expert in our sales cycles. This is a fast-paced, highly-visible, client-facing role that provides the opportunity to use a versatile set of skills and make a big impact on the future of Tulip Retail.
Note: This role involves frequent client interaction and requires approximately 50% travel.
What you'll do:
- Drive the sales process from the first call to the close of business. Communicating a client-specific value proposition and gaining the confidence of the client’s senior operating executives.
- Understand a retail or brand merchant’s store, digital marketing, and IT organization while being able to articulate solution recommendations in a retail industry-focused language.
- Execute a sales process that moves a customer through the traditional software sales cycle
- Developing tailored value propositions and compelling reasons for the customer to select Tulip as their mobile retail partner of choice.
- Manage multiple sales cycles to ensure over achievement of quota
- Networking with existing customer relationships and with Apple/CDW retail sales executives
What you'll have:
- Proven sales skills and an executive presence.
- 3+ years of postsecondary work experience. Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex concepts in an organized and articulate manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small yet high performance team.
- Solution sales training a must
- Self-starter, hungry, ready to make an impact Retail business domain knowledge is a must
- Familiarity with packaged application delivery and the SaaS model.
- Work experience in Digital Transformation, Marketing, (CX, CRM, EMM, Marketing Automation) or a retail focused solution software company, major systems integrator, or management consulting firm is a plus.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.