Toronto or Kitchener
Sales – Enterprise Architecture
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
As one of Tulip’s Architects, you will be responsible for technical design and leadership for customer deployment. This includes working with our large retail clients to understand project requirements and how that maps to Tulip Solutions, designing the solution architecture, and QA’ing the technical delivery. The Architect is responsible for building strong relationships with technical client team. They will also develop repeatable procedures, methods and templates that can be used across all client projects.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with retail clients to design the technical solution including defining the solution scope and architecture, and providing technical leadership to our team and our clients
- Analyze technical implementation options and provide recommendations to clients
- Manage technical client relationships to ensure they love our solutions and recommend us to other retailers
- Lead and manage technical delivery, QA development work
- Coach developers on leading practices and trends
- Work closely with Project Leaders and Sales on proposals, plans, and estimates
- Work with Product Development to develop customer specific configurations
- Provide input into Tulip’s technology roadmap to Tulip strategic outlook
What you'll have:
- 10+ years of technology architecture/development or consulting experience in Retail, across multiple implementation projects, with a demonstrated ability to build, coach, lead and mentor diverse teams
- Deep knowledge of Retail technology across store operations, POS, merchandising, planning, logistics/supply chain
- Post-secondary education in engineering, computer science, an advanced degree is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage many projects and priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Bonus points for:
- Architecture certification
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.