Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding an iOS Developer to the team. As a member of the Strategic Customers team, you aren't afraid to take on big and exciting challenges. You will design and develop our mobile app framework for all Tulip mobile applications using Swift and Objective C. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help gather requirements, brainstorm ideas, architect solutions, solve technical issues and strive to create a balance between the speed of delivery and feature-richness of our Tulip mobile app framework. You will be a source of knowledge and contribute to best practices for a highly skilled team of iOS developers.
Our team focuses on faster delivery of value for Tulip and our customers through a scalable and extensible mobile, web and cloud platform. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team that builds frontend and backend frameworks and shared services leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to the changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies.
- You are passionate about developing modern mobile applications that are easy to use and visually appealing.
- You are eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
As part of the Platform team, you will:
- Design and build incredible mobile user experiences
- Provide expertise on application architecture
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Mentor other mobile developers, and define best practices for the team and across Tulip
- Contribute to designing the future of retail.
What you bring:
- 4+ years experience building mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience building and shipping Swift or Objective-C iOS applications
- Familiarity with Apple's iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.