Full Stack Developer (Node.js | React/Redux)
Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to the changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies. They are passionate about developing modern, cutting-edge web applications, and can balance empathy to end-user with technical requirements.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues impacting client-/server-side applications and RESTful APIs.
- Build and maintain product integrations into our partners’ ecosystems.
- Write quality code, test it & document it.
- Enjoy learning new tools and investigate existing solutions for the best fit.
- Assist Senior Developers and Technical Leads in resolving and communicating internal and external customer related issues.
What you have:
- Working experience in node.js.
- Extensive experience building fully responsive public-facing web applications.
- Expertise in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proven experience working with relational databases (MySQL).
- Familiarity with Docker containers.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve production issues.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- An environment that is passionate about growth, learning, and variety
- Flex hours for early risers and night owls
- Paid sick days, 15 days of paid vacation standard
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rates
- Medical and dental benefits, with no waiting period
- Weekly team lunches, with halal and vegetarian options
- Wellness and meditation/prayer rooms
- Health (and less healthy) snacks and espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office, on the waterfront close to Union Station
- Brand new downtown Kitchener office
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.