PreSales Solution Consultant
Sales – Sales
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a PreSales Solution Consultant to the team to provide technical pre-sales support to the sales force, and to provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions. The Solution Consultant will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use of Tulip’s market leading retail solutions.
What You Will Do
- Assist sales in the qualification of customer needs through discovery
- Participate across the sales lifecycle on acquiring strategic customers
- Provide mentoring and training to peers, colleagues and partners
- Demo the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, onsite and via web meeting
- Generate product demo scripts and scenarios and maintain demo environment(s)
- Scope Proof of Concept engagements with prospects
- Respond to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Stay current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC
- Support Marketing events - user conferences, trade shows and webinars
- Stay current on competitive analyses and understand differentiators between the company and its competitors
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- Collaborate with the Retail Excellence team at Tulip to identify challenges specific to the retailer and propose opportunities provided by the Tulip platform to mitigate those challenges
- In conjunction with Sales and Professional Services conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments and expectations in preparation for deployment
- Act as the Tulip subject matter expert at Executive briefings and marketing events
What You Bring:
- The ability to actively listen to customer requirements and provide a solution to address the customer’s business issue(s)
- Demonstrate being proactive without being told what to do
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be efficient to minimize wasted effort
- Experience working with retail associate technologies from either the vendor or retailer side
- Ideal Experience with POS, Clienteling, Retail Associate technologies
- Active participant in the sales process and trusted advisor for account representative;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts
- Demonstrated experience in supporting sales campaigns to customers
- Extensive demonstration experience covering technical and value needs
- English - fluent required and additional languages a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally (primarily USA and EU)
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a start-up atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and retailers in the business.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.