Business Solutions Analyst (12 months contract)
Sales – Enterprise Architecture
As a Business Solutions Analyst at Tulip, you will work with an exciting roster of clients such as Chanel, Coach, Michael Kors, and Saks Fifth Avenue among others. You will own the analysis and capture of all business requirements and architectural decisions for Tulip Application delivery. You will lead the building of reference guides and knowledge base across multiple Tulip implementations to assist the architecture team. At the outset of client engagements, you will travel onsite with the Tulip team and help lead workshops to iron out all aspects of a Tulip delivery, and own the resulting creation and maintenance of project templates, configuration guides, and functional and technical specifications by working collaboratively with Client and Tulip stakeholders. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with Tulip’s experienced Architecture team as well as with client stakeholders to help develop cutting-edge mobile solutions in retail and other verticals. You will also work closely with Tulip Product Managers to gain an understanding of Product, its roadmap and be able to provide feedback into it and as well as become a subject matter expert in educating clients on the product features.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you will do:
- Learn the major solution components of Tulip’s platform, and align with your understanding of industry retail enterprise systems, packages, and their functions (e.g. OMS, PIM, CRM)
- Lead the capture of architectural decisions and dependencies in project documentation templates and own the versioning of documentation (FSDs, templates, etc.) as updates trickle through during the project design and implementation phases
- Capture detailed integration mapping specifications and applicable business rules for inbound and outbound data to/from client systems either via feeds or real-time interfaces
- Validate draft file mapping specifications by comparing to sample files. Work with client teams to resolve differences.
- As a subject matter expert into Tulip integration methodologies, you would assist the architecture team with analysis of Client side feeds and API based interfaces and examine them for applicability and completeness for in-scope data exchange with Tulip. As well you will understand the standard Tulip data interchange formats broadly and be able to review them with partner analysts on the client’s side
- Support the development of testing, integration and implementation plans of Tulip integration solution using the project wiki and working closely with QA leads to provide support
- Interface with the client Technical Leads and Business Analysts directly where needed to facilitate meetings for technical requirements elicitation, integration specification updates, request data samples and articulate dependencies
- Capture technical documentation on solution approach for specific project features--e.g. Authentication flows, Store associate roles based access policies, or reporting dashboards--using flowcharts, sequence diagrams or other UML-based documentation approaches
- Own the non-functional requirements deliverables for capturing project deployment metrics like volumes, store count, employees, request load and guides the infrastructure provisioning by working with the Technical lead (e.g. FTP provisioning, Cluster setup and Networking configuration documentation)
- You will work with the Product Managers within Tulip and lead product stakeholders to review and analyze current and upcoming product version features, and understand the management tooling that available for Tulip super admins, and those that client’s control. You will learn thoroughly the product configuration options and have the go-to information at hand to be able to guide clients and delivery stakeholders about Tulip product’s latest capability. In essence, you’ll be an extension of the product’s team that will act as an SME on product in the eyes of our Clients.
- You will also be able to work closely with the Product team to provide experiential, client communicated, and innovative product evolution ideas and retail industry feedback to our product teams for consideration
- You will work with teams to help guide quality assurance expertise is provided where required so nothing is left uncovered for the client to find after delivery; overall you’ll be instrumental in a successful delivery to our valued clients, by being a key team member in the success of a project.
What you have:
- 5+ years experience working at technology companies
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Outstanding ability to organize complex project data
- Distill and break down requirements and group and organize them in agile backlogs and sprints
- Product experience is nice to have, and so is having worked with configuring and delivering solutions
- Being a SME on application features and helping guide clients on requirements analysis and prioritization
- Excellent written skills and client-facing presentational skills
- Retail experience and/or technical degree a big plus
- Experience with Excel and SQL an asset
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station or beautiful new office in downtown Kitchener
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.